[Shop] milling vise is back

Igor Yeremin igor.yeremin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 20:09:02 EST 2017

Hi Mike,

Misha was going to repair the vise by welding a new piece of metal where
the old one cracked and replacing the thrust bearing. He also might've
bought a new vise as a replacement instead. You'll have to ask him about
the details.

I bought the replacement disk and belt for the sander. I was at Busy Bee
to look at the lathe and decided to grab the supplies for the sander
since they were on sale, and the sander is not very useful worn down.

The job of the board is to make sure Hacklab can pay rent and utilities,
that's it. Members who use equipment are responsible for maintaining the
equipment.

In that let's-maintain-stuff spirit there is now a wiki page for the
sander: https://knowledge.hacklab.to/wiki/Sander . It contains supplies
info, replacement instructions, and a wishlist/todo with features that
would be nice or problems that need to be solved. I've also created
pages for other equipment: https://knowledge.hacklab.to/wiki/Drill_Press
https://knowledge.hacklab.to/wiki/Metal_Bandsaw and updated some info on
the mill page https://knowledge.hacklab.to/wiki/Milling_Machine
I'm planning on writing up a page for the engraver soon too.

Igor