[Autosail] Time sensitive - hull work

William Gibson william.gibson.wg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 02:47:51 EDT 2016

Hey team!

Ravi, Mark and I were here until 230am working on the CF.
The hull has its first coat of epoxy set. This epoxy will be tacky for *12
hours maximum*. We need to apply a second coat while it is still tacky,
ideally before NOON on Sunday.

Instructions:

   1. *BEFORE YOU ARRIVE* - BUY FOAM BRUSHES (e.g. dollar store)
   2. Get epoxy and hardener, 2 red cups, 2 popsicle sticks, Al. foil from
   cupboard
   3. Make a large flat 'boat' with the aluminum foil for the epoxy, by the
   fume hood.
   4. Turn the fume hood on.
   5. Get weigh scale from DIY bio
   6. Cover scale with parchment paper to protect it.
   7. Add an empty cup
   8. Tare/zero the scale
   9. Add 100g resin (large)
   10. Clean resin jug with paper towel
   11. New cup, re-zero
   12. Add 17.5g hardener (small)
   13. Clean hardener jug with paper towel
   14. [These instructions are on the hardener - 100:17.5 by weight]
   15. Pour hardener into resin, mix 30s
   16. Pour back into the first cup, mix 30s
   17. Pour into foil boat.
   18. Use foam brush to brush a layer onto the boat.
   19. Use a good amount, but not so much it drips everywhere.
   20. Remove excess epoxy if necessary, with the foam brush.
   21. Clean up the epoxy you dripped all over the floor

If you take on this task - THANK YOU.

Mark L has volunteered to try to come back, but after such a late night, he
might not make it.

Please volunteer and post in #hull on slack to let Mark know he can keep
sleeping.

Thanks so much!

-Sleepy Will