[Quadcopter] Status Update / Progress!

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 13:05:19 EST 2012

Awesome!

I'm gonna be here this weekend (meeting is Saturday March 10 7pm), and
my goal is to get started on the tiny quadcopter that I want to build -
including ordering stuff like the transmitter.  After learning how hard
these things are to control, I figured it would be wise to get some
practice with a super low cost, more robust quadcopter, before risking a
larger contraption to my crap skills.  I'm hoping to be able to make
something like this:

http://www.daedalus.nu/category/crazycopter/

They put up a post on March 6th talking about a run of 100 kits, to be
priced somewhere between $100 and $200:
http://www.bitcraze.se/2012/03/seeedstudio-cooperation/

So that would be nearly perfect, assuming it happens soon.  I'm sure we
could also find some "toy" quadcopters in a similar price range that
would be good to practice with.  Any advice eagerly accepted!  Once I've
got some experience then I'll move on to the larger quadcopter project.
Baby steps!

I'd love to see a screen shot of how you filled in this form (that you
reference in your google doc):

http://brantuas.com/ezcalc/dma1.asp

Eric