[darkroom] ECN-2 film, gear to lend

sen hacklab at sen.cx
Wed Jan 27 09:27:43 EST 2016

(tl;dr: we can process ECN-2 at the lab now, sort of, instructions posted
in the darkroom. there is some loaner gear on the shelf above the
enlarger. the stuff that was on the shelf is now in the drawer under the
enlarger.)

I processed some Vision2 500T motion picture film shot as still at the lab
last night, with much success. It's technically ECN-2 process, but you can
use C-41 with some slight modifications and it works well. There are now
separate C-41 bottles in the closet with 400mL of each chemical in them,
as I'm not 100% sure that processing ECN-2 film in them won't contaminate
them and make them not work as well for actual C-41 later. So if you're
processing C-41, use the 2L bottles on the shelf, if you're processing
ECN-2 use the 1L bottles in the closet. I posted a draft reference sheet
on how to process ECN-2 as C-41 as well, on the reference sheet hooks.

We're also getting some loaner equipment organized, there's a Zenit 122
35mm camera and I'll be bringing in my Mamiya 645 1000S shortly. Feel free
to borrow these if you want to shoot some film, just bring them back after
and let the list know if you're going to have them for longer than a
couple days. emmy set up a page at
https://knowledge.hacklab.to/wiki/Equipment_Available_to_Borrow with
details and links to manuals for equipment.

The can of 35mm Vision2 I was using is in the darkroom drawer under the
enlarger, feel free to load some of this into a 35mm cartridge if you want
to play with it, we've got 1000ft and it was cheap so experiment away.
There's also some film you can use in the fridge which emmy has donated to
the lab, yay!
 -sen