[Shop] (vaporware for now, but...) Wazer - water jet cutter

Trevor McKee trevordmckee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 23:47:33 EDT 2016

So there's a shop hacklab slack page, but I'm anal so I figured I'd just
cross-post this here as well...

there's a company prepping for a fall kickstarter for a "consumer level"
water jet cutter.

https://www.facebook.com/wazertech/videos/286985131656473/

I don't quite know order of magnitude for what the thing will cost, but
their promotional material says that commercial ones cost $10k so I'm
guessing they're aiming for about an order of magnitude below that.  Sounds
interesting... they're apparently sourcing in shenzhen now.

cutting metals and glass would be the main benefit over lasercutter, but I
would imagine there is some mess involved...